January 6, 2012

My little girly turned 3!

Halle has never had a regular birthday party at our house because we've always been travelling to see family for Christmas on her birthday.  She was born on the 30th.  I went all out this year, and it was fun.  We did a minnie mouse theme.  We put up crepe paper and tissue paper pom poms (which made a huge fun difference!) and I decorated the tree in minnie mouse.  It had foam minnie mouse heads, and a pictures of Halle from when she was a baby to now.  I don't exactly have after shots, but you can see it while we are working on it here.


Halle's uncle Greg helped put all of this up, and asked me if this party was for me or Halle.  I didn't lie and said "BOTH!"  It's a mom's privilege to make a big deal out of her kids!


We put balloons on the floor in Halle's room so they would be there when she woke up in the morning.  

And both of our favorite part of her day - the cake!  


A little crooked, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out!  I made the icing the day before, because it gets darker over time.  You can tell it was sort of thick and hard to get really smooth, but I got the color right at least!  The dots, the bow, and the mickey heads are fondant.  The big ears are foam.

She actually got shy and wouldn't blow out the candles, but luckily cousin Isaac was there, and it was his birthday too!

Then she opened presents!



I spent a few days before looking at pretty much all the pictures we have of her.  It was so fun!  I can't believe how fast the time goes by, still.  I love this little girl and all that she's brought to our family.  Here are a few of my favorites of my little sweetheart.  Ok, a LOT, because I love pictures.
























7 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I can't believe she's 3!! I cracked up at those pictures... she is absolutely adorable! She looks like your mini me! I love the party decor... you did great on that cake!

Jennifer B said...

Love the decorations & the cake. So cute!!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

She is so adorable! And I LOVE your cake. So cute and very impressive.

Delia said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Halle! That crepe paper hanging is pretty impressive. I must say. And your cake is totally pro! Nice job Erin.

Maybury said...

Cute cake!
You are talented. I love her party. My birthday is in September. Will you come to my house and throw a party?
I love the picture time line. I think you should make one of those mood posters with Halle's faces and then put a little pointer to the mood any one is in. SHe has a lot of silly faces. I love it!

Tannie Datwyler said...

OH Erin!! That is about the cutest little girl theme party I've EVER seen. That's one thing I am SO not good at - decorating and making birthday parties super fun. I'll have to take a leaf out of your book. I love the cake - turned out so well.

Those pictures of Halle through the years are perfect. I love it!

Ruby in the Rough said...

Three-year-old little girls are the best! It's one of my all-time favorite ages!! We always celebrate the 3rd birthday big-time, and you did a great job!