October 5, 2009

Proof that kids watch your every move

This is Hayden's interpretation of how to put in contacts. He was playing with my case one day while I was getting ready and I realized he was copying the way he sees me putting mine in. And I thought he never paid attention to it! He's very observant.

8 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love it. I think that's a lot less damaging of a thing to copy then putting on mascara, way to go Hayden.

Anonymous said...

that is adorable!!

Paul and Mariko said...

how funny! you'd never think that something as... dull... as putting contacts in would ever be all that interesting for kids! he's too cute :)

Johnson Family said...

He is such a cute bright little boy!

Jes said...

Haha! OH I love it! Hayden is so cute,a nd so smart! Its amazing (and sometimes scary! lol) to see what the pick up from you as parents huh?! :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

This made me laugh out loud! SOOOOO funny! And that "cooking" experiment he had was a bummer. :( By the way, I don't think you are the only one - my SIL has a hard time with her boys too and she has done a couple different things with parenting methods. That doesn't help I'm sure... but at least you don't have to feel like you are the only one.

Ruby in the Rough said...

I love that he rubs his hands together and pokes both eyes. How funny! He's got that down!

His cooking experiment. . . wow! I've locked Liesl in her room before. I don't have to anymore, but during that year 2, I did all the time. Not nice, but it kept me from strangling her. :)

Also, some unsolicited advice, and knowing you, you already do it, but try to catch him when he's playing nicely with Halle and praise him for that. I also try not to make it too big of a deal when Liesl does whack Mira-- for either of them. (The less I defend Mira, the more likely she'll whack Liesl right back someday, right? That's what I'm hoping.) Anyway, sorry if this is something you heard before, but it's something I try to live by. :)

Kym said...

HOw adorable!! He's growing up so fast!!!