Yesterday was my birthday. 23 is a weird age to me. I still feel like I'm young, but I keep forgetting that I'm an adult now. How did I get to be a wife for the last three years and a mom of (almost) 2?
My first birthday present was from Derrick. Hayden woke up at 6 am and he got up with him so I could sleep in. What a sweet guy! I felt kinda bad because Derrick was so tired the night before, but it just makes it that much more special to me that he sacrificed his sleep for me. Then he made me a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy. Then he did the dishes while I played with Hayden on the floor. We built towers with blocks. Hayden got really excited and danced around and tried to jump.
I wish the afternoon was as fun as the morning. I had a WIC appointment and they were supposed to take a sample of Hayden's blood. It was just supposed to be a quick toe poke. He didn't cry when she poked him, but his blood wasn't coming out fast enough. She squeezed it, and it turned into squirting blood and screaming baby. I couldn't get him to calm down because she really hurt him! He stayed mad the rest of the day too.
Then I went to a fabric store, and on my way out I dropped my phone. I did not realize this until I got home and was searching frantically because I had a ton of phone calls to make and was waiting for a call from Derrick telling me when to pick him up from school. I talked to my brother in instant messaging and asked him to call Derrick and see when I was supposed to pick him up. Derrick told him that my phone was at some office on Main St.... I didn't even go there that day so I was super confused. After I picked him up I found out what happened. Apparently someone found my phone in the parking lot and saw that it said "I love Derrick" on the screen. So she looked in my phone book and called Derrick! What a genius girl. I love nice people. And I'm so glad my phone still says that! So that's how Derrick knew about it and I got it back. What an answer to a prayer. So it was a stressful situation for me, but it turned out ok and made my day better.
That night we had to go look at a house for a service project our Elder's Quorum is doing, and our Bishop invited us over for dinner afterwards. I was not about to turn down Sister Ensign's cooking! She was even sweet enough to remember it was my birthday so we had delicious cake and ice cream, candles and all. It was a really good day. I really appreciated the phone calls, cards, and going outside to find cookies on my doorstep (thanks so much Rebecca!)
And my present from Derrick? (well and my mom and his mom)
YAY! I have wanted a sewing machine for forever. It will be here on Friday, and I already have a bunch of sewing projects lined up. My main purpose of writing this was to say a huge THANK YOU to my sweet husband who made my day so special. He wouldn't even let me clean! YAY for not feeling guilty about not cleaning!
Fairy Pools, Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit
4 weeks ago
8 comments:
Wow! What a day! Glad it turned out ok! Thats awesome she called Derrick!
...and happy late birthday! :)
Glad that you had a good day. The sewing machine is so much fun. =)
I'm so sorry about the thing with Hayden. That stinks. But I am also glad that you got to enjoy some fun times for your birthday. Once again happy birthday a day late!!!
Happy Birthday Erin!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! the big 2-3 eh?! nice. Hey I need to bring over your present but haven't had a chance to finish it yet! So I will get it done...eventually, but you should be excited! I'm glad you had a good day all in all!
Birthdays are the best! As for me, I stay away from sewing machines...but hopefully you can make something cute for Halle!
Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a good one! Stan and I got to visit Gunnison for labor day weekend. It was fun! Happy birthday from us!
Awww...happy belated birthday! Now, tell you hubby that he needs to call and talk to my hubby about how to treat his wife! LOL!
Post a Comment